- Open your Internet Explorer Web Browser
- Select 'Tools' from the menu at the top of your window.
- From the options which appear, select 'Internet options...'.
- Click on the 'General' tab.
- Click on the button marked 'Accessibility'.
- To change your font size, select the checkbox marked 'Ignore font sizes specified on Web pages'.
- To remove background and font colors, select the checkbox marked 'Ignore colors specified on web pages'.
- Click OK (and again if necessary).
- Select 'View' from the menu at the top of your window.
- From the options which appear, select 'Text Size'.
- Select your desired text size.
- Making Text larger in Mozilla Firefox 1.5 and 2
- Open the 'View' menu with the mouse or by press 'Alt' and 'V' at the same time.
- Select the 'Text Size' option with the mouse or by pressing 'Z'.
- Increase or decrease the text size with the mouse or by using the up and down arrow keys and pressing 'Enter'.
- Alternatively you can press 'Ctrl' and '+' to increase the text size, 'Ctrl' and ' - ' to decrease the text size. 'Ctrl' and ' 0 'returns you to the default 'normal' size.
- Open the ' Tools ' menu with the mouse or press ' Alt ' + ' T '.
- Click on ' Options', or press ' O ' , to open the Options dialog box.
- Click the ' Content ' tab or use the arrow keys until it is highlighted (in blue).
- In the Fonts & Colors box click on ' Advanced ' , or press ' Alt ' + 'D' , to open the ' Fonts ' dialog box.see Fig 1 below)
- Click on ' Minimum font size ' box or press 'Alt '+ 'O ' . Use the up and down arrows to select a new font size and press ' Enter' - see Fig 2 below.
- Click ' OK ' button or press ' Enter '.
- Click ' OK ' button or tab to ' OK ' button and press ' Enter‘.
For the first time in Internet Explorer a zoom feature is included which allows you to enlarge the whole browser window.
to do this press ' Ctrl ' + ' + ' to increase the zoom and ' Ctrl ' + ' - ' to decrease the zoom.
You can also change the text size. The way to do this does depend on how the site has been built.
- Open the ' Page ' menu with the mouse or by pressing ' Alt'+'P '.
- Select the ' Text Size ' option with the mouse or by pressing ' X '. See Fig 1.
- Choose your preferred text size by clicking on it or by using the up and down arrow keys to select it and then press ' Enter‘.
The text on the website should now have changed to reflect your choice.
However some websites have fixed the size of their text ('hard-coded') and as a result these websites will not show the change you have just made. If you would like to use larger text on these sites follow the following steps:
- Click on the ' Tools ' menu with the mouse or press ' Alt '+' O '.
- Click on ' Internet Options ' option with the mouse or press ' O ' . You should now see the ' Internet Options ' box as shown in Fig 2 below.
- Click on the ' Accessibility ' button which is highlighted with a red circle in Fig 2 with the mouse or press ' Alt '+ ' E '.
- In the Accessibility box click the ' Ignore font sizes specified on web page ' checkbox to add a tick or press ' Alt '+' Z ' as shown in Fig 3.
- Click the ' OK ' button to return to the Internet Options box.
- Click on the ' OK ' button, or press ' Tab ' until ' OK ' is selected and then press ' Enter ' to return to Internet Explorer.
This feature will increase and decrease the size of text and images on the screen for better visibility.
- Press and hold down the CTRL key on your keyboard.
- At the same time as holding the CTRL key:
- press the + key to increase the size of the text and images or press the '-' key to decrease the size of the text and images.
- Keep repeating Step 2 until you reach the desired size. You can return to the standard size by pressing CTRL + '0'.